This 100 Peaks Challenge is a work in progress.
This peak list different from the Sierra Club’s list. It’s intended to be a lot more accessible and encourages everyone to see every corner of the county. I recommend saving the challenging ones for when you’ve gotten some trail miles behind you and you’ve dialed in your gear, navigation skills, and understand your capabilities.
Update Jan 17, 2017: List of Peaks added below. This list will be gradually updated with links and details. It is subject to change.
Details as of now:
– Climb the 100 Peaks below in the 2017 calendar year
– Special modified Children’s Peak List coming soon
– Submit a summit photo (preferably a selfie) on the wall at the 100 Peaks FB Page of each peak
– You’ll receive at least a patch for finishing (more TBD)
– Finishers party in early 2018 (I know a burger restaurant that might be interested in hosting)
– Rather than an entry fee, please become a member of or donate to one or more of the following local organizations:
- San Diego River Park Foundation
- San Dieguito River Valley Conservancy
- Cuyamaca Rancho State Park Interpretive Association (CRSPIA)
- The Anza-Borrego Foundation
- Laguna Mountain Volunteer Organization
This first year is meant to be a pilot to see how feasible 100 Peaks in a year is and to see if the 100 peaks list needs to be modified in any way.
We expect you to:
- be in decent physical condition and know your limitations
- know what to bring on a hike, including water, clothing, and equipment
- know how to read a map, navigate outdoors, and do your own preparation (many peaks do not have marked trails or trails at all)
- leave no trace and pick up any litter you find
- not hold 100peaks.com responsible for any injuries that occur while in pursuit of these peaks
- be kind to anyone you meet on the trail
- observe all posted rules and avoid trespassing onto private land
- hike with a buddy if you are not extremely experienced
- turn around and descend a mountain in unsafe conditions; do not be consumed by summit fever
Check back soon or follow me on Facebook to be notified of updates.
Please Contact Me with any questions or suggestions! Thank you for your inspiration.