Once again, I looked at the calendar and am reminded that something I created for fun (and profit!) has turned another year old. My ability to get outside seems to have diminished, but my life hasn’t been completely free of the outdoors.
- Visited the White Mountains
- Backpacked in the Sierra to Chicken Spring Lake
- Revisited Mount Ka’ala on Oahu
- Backpacked with Soph to Reyes Peak
- Backpacked with friends and coworkers to Montgomery Potrero
- Had a very memorable week in Park City with Columbia’s Omniten
- Backpacked in Cleveland National Forest down in San Diego
And I had many other day trips, exploring Los Padres National Forest. I made some non-outdoor-related trips to San Diego, Cayucos, NYC, Pasadena, and San Francisco.
I feel there’s a theme in these retrospectives. I kick myself, thinking that I didn’t make enough opportunities to get outside. Once I start listing the occasions where I got out on the trail, I realize that, even though life seems the busiest its ever been, I still manage to make time for the outdoors.
Due to some crazy timing, I had to cancel my family trip to Sequoia. I was really looking forward to it, since I have only been there once (perhaps in 1995 or so) since I was a kid.
I have some news I will be sharing with you all soon, but I need to make sure it’s solid before I do.
Sometimes, getting outside just a stroll along the bluffs, overlooking the beach. And that’s enough. Somehow, I make it happen.